101 in 1001

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Hello Again, Long Lost Friends

So, now that we've had an example of how not to blog (i.e. by not doing it), I'm going to try to get better at this. Let me just tell you... the last month has been a whirlwind.  Having time to sit down and write a blog has been almost nonexistent and when it is I really just wanted to sit and sleep. With that being said, this is going to be one of those annoying "I'm sorry I've not blogged, let me tell you what I've been doing posts". Then, after that, I promise I'll try to be better at this.


Reason 1 I've not blogged: Michigan 

I'm not sure how many of you know this, but my dad lives in Michigan (and my mom and siblings and I live in Kentucky). So during the summer is when I see him the most throughout the year. We went up and saw him about two weeks after graduation and then again at the end of July. We stayed a week and were able to go "Up North" and see some beautiful lakes. I love going up north. It's always a good time. The people there are all people that just want to have fun, who are exactly my kinda people.



Let's keep in mind that this is a lake. 

Honestly could not have been happier swinging on the beach. 

Raspberry pickin'.



Reason 2 I haven't blogged: Tennessee

I basically ended up having the same vacation two weekends in a row. This time I went to lake with my mom and her boyfriend and his family in Tennessee. This lake was verrrrry different from Lake Michigan but it was nice. We spent an entire day on the boat looking for this "jumping bridge" which I'm convinced doesn't actually exist.

Driving the boat made me a very happy girl. 

This is alllll the kids! 


Accidentally wearing the same shirt as Christian
means we had to take a picture. 

Reason 3 I haven't blogged:  Work

A girls gotta have money.

That's about all I can say about that one.


Reason 4 I haven't blogged: Moving 

I moved into my dorm!!!! It's been two weeks since we moved in and it already feels like home. We have the standard two person dorm with the community bathrooms. It really isn't as bad as you would expect. Even the bathrooms aren't horrible. BUT the first few nights we lived here something was up with the showers and only one of the four worked.... with only cold water. Just imagine 15 girls trying to get ready for sorority recruitment with one shower and cold water. It was not a pretty sight. Other than that though, I've really been enjoying dorm life. Our floor is pretty close which is something that would have never happened with a suite style dorm. Most of these pictures were taken as soon as we moved in so it looks a little different now but this is what it mostly looks like!

Mandatory awkward move in day picture 

My side is the left! 

fooooooooood
 Reason 5 I haven't blogged: Sorority Recruitment Week


Ohhhh Sorority Recruitment. The longest, most confusing process that I've been through. It's generally done differently at depending on the school, but for me it was a 5 day process starting on Sunday and ending on Friday. I'm planning on writing another post solely about this, that way I can go into a bit more detail because it's not something you can easily summarize. But, by the end of the week I found the perfect match for me. I'm now a Kappa Kappa Gamma (:

I actually went to high school with these two kappa kuties.
It was so cool to already know a couple girls. 

Reason 6 I haven't blogged: Classes started 

And last, but certainly not least, college classes have officially started. They started on Wednesday so it's only been three days but I can already tell you it's going to be way different than high school. A good different. A harder different. But a different I think I like it. There are a whole lot of responsibilities that come with them. It's up to you to buy your books, to do your homework, heck, even to just go to class. I love the independence of it all (so far).



And there you have it, my friends. All my excuses as to why I haven't blogged. Try not to hate me too much for them.

Until next time (which shouldn't be long), 
Amanda Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment