101 in 1001

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Mean Mugging

Summer is all about having spur the moment adventures. My friend, Shae, texted me this afternoon asking if I could do anything and since I'd only gotten to see her once this summer of course I said yes! We wanted to do something a little different than normal so we settled on going to an art studio (not sure if that's the right name for it?) in Lexington called Mad Potter. Mad Potter is the kind of place that you pick out a piece of pottery and paint it however you want. It's so much fun (even if you're not super artistic like me). 





I went with the "messy-but-cute" look and Shae just went with the "mine's-gonna-be-perfect" look. Oh, and (naturally) we both went with the "I'm-a-basic-white-girl" look with the monograms. But hey, they'll look awfully cute sipping on some tea in a dorm room. 

Also, if you plan on doing this, make sure you plan for at least two hours. Because it seems to always take much, muuuuuch longer than you'd expect to pick out the pottery, colors and design for it. Then you have to actually paint it and you certainly don't want to be in a rush. 

It was so much fun, so glad I got to see my ShaeBear again. 

Until next time, 
Amanda Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment