101 in 1001

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Taking Risks

I'm the kinda girl that lives in her comfort zone. I don't normally like to go to unfamiliar places, to try new foods, to go on unplanned adventures, heck even to date guys that don't seem like my type. The things in my (we're just gonna call it my zone) were always so good to me, so what was the point in messing that up just move in an unforeseen direction? The thing about a "comfort zone" though, is that it's neutral. You're not moving forward, you're not moving backward, you're just moving. So, I decided to take a small step out.

At this point, you're probably wondering what it is that I'm talking about. And you're probably going to laugh a little when you hear what it is. It's clothes. Which, in my defense, is actually a pretty tough zone to break out of.

In the last week I've found two very unAmanda pieces that I fell in love with.

1. The Camouflaged Jacket



This one was way out of my typical "style". Never had I ever owned anything camouflaged until I bought a shirt for the Camo Out football game at school last season. (And it may be nice to mention that I bought it on my way to the game) 

My friend felt the need to document this purchase on social media.
It was that big of a deal. 
There were a few things that went into making the daring purchase of the camo jacket. One (and perhaps the most important one) being the price. It was so low that it's almost inappropriate to call it a "daring purchase". 

And it was an additional 40% off that....
Totaling at $12.06
The second thing was that it was from Gap. I thought "camo can't be that bad if Gap is selling it, right?". 

The third thing was imagining how great it would be to walk around campus in. It's honestly the perfect fall jacket. It's light without being a cardigan but still nice and warm. It's also a little baggy (there wasn't a small since it was on the clearance rack) so that just makes it extra comfy. 

Overall, I'm actually really excited for this.



2. Boyfriend fit jeans


Normally, I go for skinny jeans or jeggings and that't it as far as jeans go. They're definitely my jean of choice to go into my zone. But, last week, I was looking on the JCrew Factory website (which lets first say is heaven) and I saw all their sale items were an additional 50% off that. Which was going to make these $80 jeans like 20 bucks! Who could miss that opportunity? So, I bought them. I'm a bit more shaky on them than I am with the jacket. But, the comfort level about 6 levels higher than an other jean I've tried on. They're so soft and baggy that it literally feels like you're wearing sweatpants with a waistband. Hopefully, I can find a way to make these work for me.

If not, I suppose I can always wear them to sleep.

Until next time,
 Amanda Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment